Welcome to Statewide Custom Powder Coating, Inc. We are a quality custom powder coating job shop located in New London, WI. We are dedicated to providing the highest quality finished product to every customer.
Powder coating is a type of coating that is applied as a free-flowing, dry powder. The difference between a conventional liquid paint and a powder coating is that the powder coating does not require a solvent to keep the binder and filler parts in a liquid suspension form. The coating is applied electro statically and is then cured at 450 degrees to allow it to flow and form a “skin.” It is used to create a hard finish that is more durable than conventional paint.
- Powder coatings emit zero or near zero volatile organic compounds (VOC).
- Powder coatings can produce much thicker coatings then conventional liquid coatings without running or sagging.
- Powder coatings produce less hazardous waste then conventional liquid coating shops.
- Powder coated items generally have fewer appearance differences than liquid coated items.
- A wide range of specialty effects is easily accomplished which would be impossible to achieve with other coating processes.
SCPC is Environmentally Friendly
You hear every day about pollution and its effect on the environment. A lot of that pollution comes from harmful solvents, and thinners which may be used in wet paint applications. If these leak into the soil or find their way into a water table the results can have toxic effects for years. Powder Coating is an environmentally friendly alternative.
With EPA regulations growing ever stricter, powder coating is fast becoming the technology of choice. Since the powder coating process does not use solvents in any way, VOC emission problems are eliminated.
Powder coating is just that, powder. It is non toxic, can be used on food service equipment and, in its powder form, is no more harmful than dust. When it is cured it becomes a tough and weather resistant coating for motorcycle frames, race chassis, wheels and outdoor furniture. Powder coating helps make your living environment more livable by offering a host of colors for wrought iron, hand rails and other indoor and outdoor fixtures. The possibilities are endless! If It’s Metal We Can Coat It!!